Tuesday, November 18, 2008

RSV

Well this morning I woke up and Ashley Ryan was still coughing. This cough had started the night before. I took her to daycare and went to work and decided to call the dr. on my way to work. I told them that although she had her one year checkup scheduled for the next day, I would really like to go ahead and bring her in to have this cough checked out. RSV had been going around at the daycare anyway, so that was already my concern.

I picked her up this afternoon and took her to the dr. They had to do the RSV test which was AWFUL!!!! They stuck a long q-tip all the way up her nose. She was screaming and crying and I thought I was going to as well. The test confirmed my suspicions. She has RSV!

We have her on breathing treatments 3 x's a day. The 1st one was not fun at all. Me and David were literally holding her down and trying to keep the face mask over her nose. She was not happy at all. We will be doing this for a few weeks.

Please keep her in your prayers. Please pray that this clears up and that she gets over all of this! I really want her to be well for Christmas!!! It can take a month or longer to get over this. She is contagious right now too. We have to keep her out of daycare for several days.

God is still good and I know he will take care of my little girl!

No comments: