Monday, November 10, 2008

I am ready to come to your bed, mommy!

Ashley Ryan is quite the con-artist! She has been sick this week, so i don't know whether or not to just let this play out, or actually try to break this habit. You know, the habit of your children coming to get in your bed in the middle of the night.

Saturday night, I let her sleep with me and daddy because she had been sick and so that's just where she deserved to be. In between us, right?

Sunday night, she went to bed in her own bed and I thought "this is good." She is feeling better and I will be able to sleep without a foot in my face or my rib.

Well, sometime around mid-night her daddy (the light sleeper) heard her bouncing up and down in her bed. Yes, bouncing! So, he goes in there to lay her back down, stuff the pacifier in her mouth and walk out of the room. Ha ha ha! I love that. She let out one of those "listen here daddy, I am the boss around here" cries.

So, when I woke up this morning, my angel was laying in the bed with me, and as daddy likes to say, "she was all toasty warm."

I guess I will see where this goes. I know what everyone says - "get that baby out of the bed with you now!" I will say to you that I do not know very many teenagers who still want to cuddle between their mom and dad!

Most likely, I will just enjoy it.

No comments: