Sunday, June 20, 2010

So I had this Old Armoir...

So about 8 years ago I found this armoir at Walmart. It served it's purpose in our house for many years. When we built and moved into this house we bought new furniture and this had been pushed to the guest room. For months I have been telling David that I wanted a hutch or buffet for the kitchen. I searched in every store I went in and even looked on line. Everything I wanted was $1200 or more!!! My mom has always accused me of "expensive taste." The other day at work a light bulb went off in my head...I could turn the old armoir into my new expensive piece of furniture...

Below is the only before photo I have. This is David taking the doors off. We removed all doors, painted it black and added bead board to the back. My dad came in off the road Wednesday night and cut the bead board for me at 930 one night. He had some left over from another project he had worked on. So, literally, this project cost me $50. That is one can of paint and some brushes. It is decorated with things I already had.

I even put in my America decorations for the 4th of July. So, what do you think??? I love it. I am very pleased with how it turned out.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE it! Great job!!! =)