Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I Love my Independent Girl...

I just realized today that Ashley Ryan is EXACTLY like me. I have always been so independent. I don't think I ever thought I really needed anyones help. I can shop by myself, entertain myself and sometimes even like to just be by myself. Sounds kinda strange considering the fact that I love my family and friends and enjoy their company as well.
This morning I dropped Ashley Ryan off at school and she just ran into her room like she owned the place and never looked back. It's kinda sad because in a way I would love to be standing there trying to pry the child off my leg or something. But, no she just runs in and starts having her breakfast and finds a place to sit at the table. I know that one day I will probably appreciate this, but sometimes you just want them to turn around and PRETEND they do not want you to leave.
She is always THRILLED when I show up to pick her up from school and is eager to get in the car, so that helps. I really look forward to leaving the office everyday and going to get my sweet little girl.
I remember one day a long time ago my mom telling me that she wished I had not always been so independent and would LET her help me do something. I always thought that was strange. I mean, why? Well, guess what mom, I think I will know exactly what you meant in the years to come. I love that at 15 months old my baby is adapting so well to new things. She loves people and loves to be outside and loves to play and I really do love that. She is a beautiful baby and I can't wait to see how she grows up. She is changing everyday right in front of my eyes and it is kinda sad. I know that one day I will turn around and she will be grown.
Ok, this was not meant to be a depressing post. It just amazes me how these little people that we love so much already have such personalities.
Ashley Ryan will be 15 months old next week and that is just crazy to me. I still feel like I just brought her home from the hospital last week. I know that the last 15 months have flown by so fast. I mean should she really be going down the "big" slide by herself? Should she be climbing up the "big" slide by herself? She is running, chasing the dog, standing up in her rocking chair and drinking from a sippy cup! The sweet moments are at night when she grabs a book and comes to sit in mommy's lap. I love that.
Ya'll keep up, because I am afraid if we blink she will be driving and graduating from highschool!!
Lots of Love and Happy Valentines Week!

2 comments:

Haley said...

Somehow I'm not at ALL surprised to hear that AR is so much like her Momma. Not only is she independent but the child picks up after herself and even does her own dishes...Ha!! I love that girl!

Carolyn said...

Yep, you just wait....it hit me this Sunday...Emilia's 2nd birthday is in 3 1/2 months...what???? Times flies!!!!